Skip to main content

RECENT WORKS


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluating Process

Initially to begin this module, we were scheduled multiple workshops in order to develop our practise but also personal tutorials with tutors whom set tasks in order to challenge our concepts and ideas of making artwork. I really enjoyed these first few weeks of experimentation and challenging what constituted art and artistic concept. In the workshops, I experimented with film photography, welding, mental casting, illustration, Premier Pro and paper making. While these methods were really useful in developing my knowledge and practise, I felt like some were more relevant to me personally than others. At this point I knew I really wanted to develop my use of making films, so Premier Pro was really useful for me.  During the personal tutorials, the tutor set various tasks in order to challenge how we made work and what work meant. I really enjoyed being forced out of my comfort zone by having to make work in short periods of time. A particular task I enjoyed was re-purposing a mater

Module 1 - Rationale 550 words

In order to sum up my project in a shorter post, here is my 550 word rationale to contextualise my work: The control we have as individuals is something that concerns me more as I grow older, due to me becoming aware of my own and others arbitrary positions in society. Growing up exposed me to the reality of my own choices, my own freedom and my own significance as an individual. "Man is condemned to be free"1 ; both a blessing and a curse. As a young person in society, what is my function? What will it be in 10 years? Can I control any of this?  Provoked by these anxieties, I pushed my ideas through multiple mediums to test the boundaries of control, chaos and freedom. Inspired by Zen philosophy and meditation, I have experimented ways of altering control in my work. This creates a work subject to chance/ result of chance. By removing control, I submit myself to allowing things to happen in their own way, the way of the 'tao', meaning path or way. 'Tao' i